Carleton is peaceful place to live in Carlisle. This place has an hospital which is known as Carleton Clinic. It is like a hub to various other places. Supermarkets like Aldi and Co-op are very near. Restaurants like Border gate beef eater, Blue rare, Fantails, Wheatsheaf are the popular restaurants around the area. Petrol stations like BP Garage and Shell or the Golden Fleece is also available. We, as a taxi company, provide services for the people who are suffering from various diseases. We understand the stress you are going through and try to help you as much as possible.
This is in the form of providing an on-time taxi service to you. You may be visiting the Carleton clinic for an appointment and or returning home after the appointment. We are always there to pick you up and drop to your destination on time.
The Carleton Clinic provides a range of mental health facilities. This is including
- Acute adult admission/treatment,
- Wards for older people,
- Wards for people with learning disabilities or autism.
- Community services and crisis services.
The clinic is at Cumwhinton Drive, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 3SX. Their contact number is 01228 602000.
What are the services they provide?
The services provided by Cumbria Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust. They are as follows:
- Adult Mental Illness
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)
- Crisis resolution services
- Eating disorders (outpatient)
- Learning disability services (community)
- Learning disability services (inpatient)
- Old Age Psychiatry
- Older people’s services
To the best of our knowledge, there is bus transportation available. There is a cafe, washroom for the patients, and a pharmacy at this location.
Development at Carleton
This location is also called Carleton. There has been a vast development in this place over the last ten years. It is the quietest and peaceful residential with lots of greenery around. Unlike Carlisle city center, you can go for a walkout in the fresh air. Cumwhinton village is a mile away from this place. Popular builders like Vicinity Homes, Persimmon Homes.
The price as of August 2020 is reasonable. The average current value of a detached property between 3-4 bedrooms is in the range of £275000 – £300000. Semi-detached property is in the range between £150000 to £170000. This is for 2-3 bedrooms. You should be able to buy a single bedroom flat at £85000. A th3ree bedroom house rent would start from £450 Per Calendar Month (PCM).
There are few lovely areas nearby, making it an excellent neighboring locality. Simmerson Drive, Blackburn Drive, High Green Croft, Admiral way are quite famous.
Supermarkets, Pubs, and Restaurants
The beauty of this place is that it is like a hub. It connects to different places like Cumwhinton, Wetheral, Carleton Green,
Junction 42, and New Harraby.
- Aldi is the nearest supermarket to this place based at Petteril Bank road.
- There is a co-op at Cumwhinton road. They are open from 07:00 – 22:00 throughout the week.
- Lowther Arms in Cumwhinton, Carlisle, is the nearest you could visit. CA4 8DL Directions.
- Royal Oak pub is in Scotby. Another excellent place to live in. This pub is at 47 Scotby Village, Scotby, Carlisle, CA4 8BP.
- Border gate beef eater is a beautiful place, a mile away from Cumwhinton Drive. Beef eater – been on an exciting journey since opening our first site in 1974. Now, with over 140 restaurants across the UK. They are famous for grills and their friendly service. From our mouth-watering steaks to fresh fish and salads. You’ll find plenty of great-value meals on the menu. Plus, with a whole range of tasty and nutritious kids’ dishes, we’re the perfect choice for family meals. Whatever the occasion, celebrate it with Beef eater.
- Wheatsheaf – Is in Wetheral, Carlisle, CA4 8HD. Their contact number is 01228 560686.
- Fantails – You must visit this restaurant. It is a place to dine with the family. Fantails Restaurant has a long and exciting history. The building was originating around 1600. They still have many of the features, including wooden beams and paneling. Excellent customer service and finger-licking food. Yummy yummy.
- Bluerare – Another place that we must mention is Bluerare. A popular spot for family dining. Sufficient amount of space for the Car Park. It is at Carleton, Carlisle, CA1 3DP. Their contact number is 01228 524433.
Petrol Stations near Carleton
There are two nearby petrol stations nearby. BP Garage, otherwise known as BP, connect is the nearest one. BP garage is on A6 Carlisle CA40AA. You can buy some soft drinks and eatables from this place if you are planning to go out of Carlisle. They accept card payments too.
The next nearest after BP connect is the Golden Fleece Service Station. This is at M6 Junction 42, Carleton Carlisle CA40AN
Taxi from Carleton
We can pick you and drop you from these locations if you are looking for a taxi. Why not call us on 01228 812612 | 01228 734575
- Have you liked us on Facebook? If not why not like us now – Get regular updates on your Facebook Page
Most read articles from others